The Montessori School Kingsley is nestled on the hill in leafy Kingsley, surrounded by native bushland and overlooking Lake Goollelal, in the Northern Suburbs, about a 20-minute drive from Perth CBD. We are Australia’s longest-running Montessori school and we cater to children aged 3 to 18 in mixed-age classrooms; from pre-primary education to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (a globally recognised tertiary entrance qualification).
Our structure is as follows:
- 3 x Pre-Primary Classes (ages 3 to 6 years)
- 3 x Lower Primary Classes (ages 6 to 9 years)
- 3 x Upper Primary Advisories (ages 9 to 12 years)
- 1 x Lower Secondary Cohort – Divided into two academic classes (Years 7-8 and Years 9-10) with two advisors (ages 12 to 15 years)
- 1 x International Baccalaureate Cohort (Year 11 and Year 12)
We are seeking a part-time Art Teacher who has a passion for teaching in a variety of art areas.
The Art Teacher will be responsible for teaching our lower secondary students (Year 7 to Year 10), as well as our International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) students (Year 11 and Year 12).
This year, we are in the process of applying to deliver the International Baccalaureate Career Programme (IBCP). The combination of the IBDP and the IBCP will allow our Year 11 and 12 students to pursue a greater variety of pathways. Having experience with the IBDP or IBCP would be an advantage, but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts with teaching qualifications, or equivalent;
- Prior experience as an Art Teacher;
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of art techniques;
- Working with Children Check Card;
- Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) Registration;
- Prior teaching experience in a Montessori school or experiential learning;
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication, planning and time management skills;
- A skillset in other creative or performing arts areas will be an advantage, but not essential.
- Experience with the IBDP or IBCP would be an advantage, but not essential.
The Montessori School Kingsley is committed to providing a child-safe environment and promoting practices that provide for the safety, well-being and welfare of our children and young people at school and in the wider community. All candidates for roles at The Montessori School Kingsley are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
At The Montessori School Kingsley, we remain true to the Montessori philosophy, focusing on the holistic development – physical, intellectual, social – of every child.
Our teaching staff is made up of Montessori/International Baccalaureate-trained teachers, some of whom have international experience, while others are alumni; and our administrative staff is a dedicated team who support our teachers and education assistants.
You will also get to work in an amazing location, with fantastic students, and a welcoming community.
All staff working at our school are required to meet the vaccination requirements, which is defined as having received three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Proof of vaccination status will be required as part of the employment process.
If you are interested in applying for the Art Teacher position, please email a short statement on your educational philosophy, area(s) of expertise, and your future availability. In addition, please send a covering letter and Curriculum Vitae, including the names of three referees to the Principal, Des Reuben: [email protected]
Any queries about the position can be emailed to the same address.
The closing date for this position is on or before 31 March 2022.
Please note that applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the School reserves the right to appoint a successful applicant prior to the close of applications or re-open the recruitment process after the closing date, if necessary. Only applicants proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.