At The Montessori School Kingsley, we espouse and implement pure Montessori principles. We are nestled on the hill in leafy Kingsley, surrounded by native bushland and overlooking Lake Goollelal. We are Australia’s longest-running Montessori school and we cater to children aged 3 to 18 in mixed-age classrooms; from pre-primary education to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (a globally recognised tertiary entrance qualification).
Our structure is as follows:
- 3 x Pre-Primary Classes (ages 3 to 6 years)
- 3 x Lower Primary Classes (ages 6 to 9 years)
- 2 x Upper Primary Advisories (ages 9 to 12 years)
- 1 x Lower Secondary Cohort – Divided into two academic classes (Years 7-8 and Years 9-10) with two advisors (ages 12 to 15 years)
- 1 x International Baccalaureate Cohort (Year 11 and Year 12)
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced candidate to step into the role of Business Manager. Initially, the role will be part-time with the potential to become a full-time role. This is a pivotal role, which will support the growth of the School.
The Business Manager, under the direction of the School Principal and as a member of the School Management team, is responsible for the Business, Finance Risk Management, Information, Computers and Technology, Property and Security Maintenance.
The School is led by the Principal, in association with and direction from the School Board. The Principal is supported by the Business Manager (Administration), the International Baccalaureate Coordinator (Senior Secondary Curriculum) and the Program Coordinator(s).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in Business Accounting and Finance or CPA;
- Working with Children Check;
- Police Clearance;
- First Aid;
- Experience working in schools will be an advantage.
We are looking for a self-directing individual who is flexible and honest; someone who is a team player with demonstrated sound work ethics and integrity; and a people-person with a genuine interest in Montessori education.
Under the direction of the School Principal and as a member of the School Management Team, the Business Manager will look after the following areas of the School:
- Assess short, medium, long term needs
- Census – State and Federal
- Monitor income and expenditure and recommend strategies
- Assess EOM I & E and Balance Sheet and BAS statements
- Grant application
- Low-interest loan applications
- Bank loans
Reporting to Department of Education – State and Federal
- Financial Accountability
- Students attendance data
- Audit preparation
Building and Security Contractual Management
- Payroll – oversee fortnightly payroll, Long Service Leave
- Risk Management
- Property and Security Maintenance
- Oversee the cleaning contractors and grounds person
At The Montessori School Kingsley, we remain true to the Montessori philosophy, focusing on the holistic development – physical, intellectual, social – of every child.
Our teaching staff is made up of Montessori / International Baccalaureate-trained teachers, some of whom have international experience, while others are alumni; and our administrative staff is a dedicated team who support our teachers and assistants.
You will also get to work in an amazing location, with fantastic students, and a welcoming community.
If you would like to apply for the Business Manager position, please email your résumé, as well as a statement as to why you believe you would be a good fit for this role to our Principal:
The closing date for this position is Saturday, 4 December 2021.
Please note that applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the School reserves the right to appoint a successful applicant prior to the close of applications or re-open the recruitment process after the closing date, if necessary. Only applicants proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.