Relief Education Assistant
Relief Education Assistant
At The Montessori School Kingsley, we espouse and implement pure Montessori principles. We are nestled on the hill in leafy Kingsley, surrounded by native bushland and overlooking Lake Goollelal. We are Australia’s longest-running Montessori school and we cater to children aged 3 to 18 in mixed-age classrooms; from pre-primary education to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (a globally recognised tertiary entrance qualification).
Our structure is as follows:
- 3 x Pre-Primary Classes (ages 3 to 6 years)
- 3 x Lower Primary Classes (ages 6 to 9 years)
- 3 x Upper Primary Advisories (ages 9 to 12 years)
- 1 x Lower Secondary Cohort – Divided into two academic classes (Years 7-8 and Years 9-10 and ages 12 to 15 years)
- 1 x International Baccalaureate Cohort (Year 11 and Year 12)
At The Montessori School Kingsley, we remain true to the Montessori philosophy, focusing on the holistic development – physical, intellectual, social – of every child.
Our teaching staff is made up of Montessori / International Baccalaureate-trained teachers, some of whom have international experience, while others are alumni; and our administrative staff is a dedicated team who support our teachers and assistants.
You will also get to work in an amazing location, with fantastic students, and a welcoming community.
All staff working at our school are required to meet the vaccination requirements, which is defined as having received three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Proof of vaccination status will be required as part of the employment process.
We are seeking an energetic, motivated and passionate Relief Education Assistant with Montessori experience to be part of our relief pool in most areas of our school, from ages 3 to 12 – from pre-primary to upper primary.
Our school has experienced tremendous growth in student numbers over the last 12 months, so we are seeking relief education assistants to assist in our day-to-day operations, but there may be opportunities in the future for ongoing employment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services; or Education Assistant Certificate; or Diploma of Children’s Services; or relevant qualification, including Bachelor Degree;
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate, and Asthma and Anaphylaxis Training;
- Experience working in a Montessori school or environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
If you would like to apply for the Relief Education Assistant position, please email your résumé, as well as a statement as to why you believe you would be a good fit for this role to our Principal: